Early Versions of the “Don’t Mess with Texas” Slogan
by Lincoln Sedlacek
- Don’t mess with Texas – it’s fine just the way it is!
- Don’t mess with Texas. If you do, we’ll have to start all over again.
- Hey, don’t mess with Texas when I’m gone, okay? I’m gonna finish it when I get back.
- Dude, don’t mess with Texas. No, dude, seriously, Texas is seriously high right now. Mess with it and it’ll probably go apeshit.
- Hey! You don’t know Texas. Don’t mess with it!
- First time in prison? Look, you’re new here, so I’m gonna give you a piece of advice I wish someone had given me when I first got here. You see that large state over there? That’s Texas. Don’t mess with Texas.
- Okay, now we need to let Texas rise for at least 18 hours, or until it doubles in size, so in the meantime, don’t mess with it.
- Just…just stop messing with Texas, okay? It’s been through a lot lately.
- Don’t mess with Texas. Hey! Brad! Stop it! Mom, Brad’s messing with Texas!
- Go ahead: mess with Texas. See what happens.